Published: 18th March 2021
The building will be converted to create a modern, spacious work environment. It will include five floors of laboratories and clinical services covering blood sciences, tissue sciences and microbiology.
Around 25 million tests per year (96,000 a day) will be conducted in the core blood sciences lab alone, with approximately 36,000 blood tubes processed daily and one million microbiology tests performed annually.
There will also be clinical training rooms, training rooms for microscopy, spaces for community meetings, privacy areas, open-plan and shared office space, and senior leadership team offices.
Staff will benefit from:
- Open areas with easy flow and navigation throughout
- Privacy areas
- Multiple soft seating areas
- Dining area with microwave and fridge storage
- Vending services
- Cold water stations (all floors)
- Relaxation space with TV screen and IT hook-ups
- Drying room for cyclists
- Cycle storage
- Shower facilities
- Multi-faith room